Wednesday, September 29, 2010

This Is What Faith Is For

Let me just start this off by saying one thing. I am a completely open book when it comes to my life and I don't keep much to myself. I believe in sharing the good with the bad and letting people know when life doesn't always treat you fairly. With that said, I hope that gives some kind of explanation to those that may think I shouldn't be sharing this. Now, here we go.

When I went to the hospital on Friday night and found out I was pregnant, I was completely shocked but have come to really embrace the idea of having another baby. I have actually become very excited. The blood work they did on Friday showed my hCG level (pregnancy hormone) at 89. In a healthy, normal pregnancy this count should double every 48 hours. So I had another count done on Monday and am going back today to have yet another count done to see what the levels look like.

This afternoon I got the call to make sure I was coming in for more blood work and I grilled the girl about what my count was on Monday and that's when she informed me it was 64. Devastating. My faith tells me to keep holding onto hope that everything will work out the way God wants it to. But what God and I want, may be two different things. A drop or lack of increase in the hCG count could indicate an ectopic pregnancy or be a sign that I should anticipate a miscarriage. I am trying to think positive, that maybe the count was wrong on Friday, but I will know something more tomorrow. Please keep me and my family in your prayers as we were not anticipating any of this.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for you and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your kind words today, they truly meant a lot, please know both my husband and I are praying for you and your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aghhhh. Craziness. Laurie's numbers were scarey low and off in the beginning of her pregnancy with the twins. Keep that hope in your heart. hugs.

    ReplyDelete