Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going To The Shows

I think I must bridge this blog from my last one somehow, but not sure how. So in regards to the recent events in my life, I have given them up to God and put my trust fully in him. He knows his plan for my life and I will be satisfied with whatever that is. I am now choosing to focus on the positive things in my life, so please don't take it as blowing "it" off. Thanks. Here we go.

I know it's a little early, but the Christmas buzz is really starting to pick up around Nashville. Of course this being Music City and all, there are some really great shows and concerts going on. There is no better time in Nashville than Christmas time. Opryland Hotel always decorates their entire hotel in Christmas decor and people from all over the country come to see it. This year it will be extra special, because the hotel was flooded back in May and won't reopen until around Thanksgiving. Most of their decorations were destroyed, so everything will be new. It should be quite the sight to see.

One show I have been really wanting to see the last few years but haven't gone to yet is the Radio City Christmas Spectacular held at the Grand Ole Opry house. Well that's gonna change this year. My mom just bought tickets for us all to go see it on Dec. 11. It's a bit pricey, but I think it will totally be worth it. And Carter gets in for free!! Let's just hope he'll sit still and there will be no kicking and screaming. He's usually a very well behaved baby, so my fears aren't too great, but you never know. Whatever the situation, it will be a great time! I can't wait!
I also wanted to get tickets to see Michael Buble on Dec. 5, but it's 8:00pm on a Sunday and seeing as how Brett and I both get up at 5:15 to go to work on Monday morning, I'm not really sure that's the best idea. I'm still debating it though.

Michael W. Smith is also having a Christmas concert at Brentwood Baptist Church and I think that would be really great to check out. The tickets go on sale Friday, so we'll see about that.

The Opry also puts on a huge display/exhibit made out of ice every Christmas season. It's called "ICE" (pretty fitting) and the themes over the past couple of years have consisted of The Grinch, Charlie Brown and some other famous characters. I have also failed to check this one out, so that is definitely on my To-Do list this year. Carter is sort of big enough to enjoy it too.

And to finish the season out, our church, World Outreach Church, puts on a mean Christmas Eve service. This area doesn't lack in the department of musical talent, so if they don't manage to get a famous singer in to perform, their own talent is pretty darn good. I'm already getting so excited! And yes, I'm one of those freaks that likes to play Christmas music from Halloween - on. Don't roll your eyes.

So cheers to the upcoming holiday season!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I remember stopping in Nashville on our way down to Florida for Christmas it was great. We only got to stay for one night there was so much to see. Would love to go back. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to love Radio City Music Spectacular. I saw it for the first time last year. Going to skip this year but I will be returning to ICE. It was a blast two years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each time I go to NYC for the holidays, I make a top to see this show. A incredible New York City fix; a incredible Christmas tradition. Tickets are selling like crazy ,but there is still plenty of time to buy tickets to the show.

    ReplyDelete