Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I've got the PUPP

If you're unfamiliar with what the PUPP is, it's best described as a red, itchy rash that a small percentage of pregnant ladies develop. Technically it's only supposed to happen when you're actually pregnant and go away within a couple of weeks of delivery, but I know I developed it about a week after I had Carter. It was HORRIBLE! It spread all over my tummy, arms, and legs and the only thing that could stop the itch was freezing cold water.

Well the last few days my belly has really began to itch and I blamed it on my newly developed stretch marks (yes, I didn't think it was possible to get anymore, but it is). I tried my hardest not to itch them because that only makes the stretch marks worse. Well this morning I woke up with a definite rash on my belly that itched like hell. I read more about PUPP and it says it starts in your stretch marks and spreads and can soon cover my arms and legs. LOVELY.

So now, not only am I waddling around uncomfortably like an over stuffed turkey at Thanksgiving, but I have a very irritating rash. Awesome. Honestly, this only puts my doctor in more danger of losing his life. Because if this rash sticks around until after I give birth, he better say he's inducing me at 38 weeks or I might just kill him.

Also he severly crushed my hopes of possibly entering labor naturally in a couple of weeks, when I told him I lost my mucuos plug. He told me it could regenerate and that it didn't mean I would go into labor within a couple of weeks. Love ya doc!

So if it sounds like I'm a really crouchy, irritable pregnant lady; it's because I am. I can't help it. I've reached that point in my pregnancy where time seems to stand still and it's just not fair. I've never been one of those girls that loves being pregnant (not even close), but I think I've tolerated it a lot better this time around, but enough is enough. I'm ready to have this baby!!!! So come on already!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had that rash with Gooner and it was TERRIBLE! And even MORE terrible when they said it would most likely happen with ALL my pregnacies. Awesome. Mine did go away with birth, but seriously!

    ReplyDelete