Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Bowling Ball In My Future

Well I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant today and I had my latest ultrasound last Thursday. The purpose of this was to determine the size of the baby and start talking about inducing around 38 weeks if it looked like I was gonna have another Carter sized baby. Now folks, it's not that I'm afraid of delivering another 9+lb baby for myself, but after Carter got all jacked up from it, I'm not doing it again!! So as of 35 weeks, 5 days my petite little Bella was already 7lbs. Yes, that's right, 4 weeks shy of my due date and my baby was already bigger than most are at birth! And the real kicker is I've only gained just shy of 30 lbs with this one where I gained 52 lbs with Carter.

So I planned on having another serious talk with the doctor after my ultrasound, but he sent in the nurse practioner instead. Need I mention I've never met this woman and she was not the one I wanted to talk to. When she went on and on about my baby being so big and then said "we'll do another weight check in 3 weeks", that's when I had to restrain myself from karate kicking her in the face. Are you serious lady?!?! I politely asked her to go get the doctor, because we had discussed other plans she wasn't aware of. So she went and talked to him, but I guess he was too busy to come in the room.

They scheduled me for my weekly visits and a final ultrasound on Aug 11 to do another weight check. I understand if they need to see her again before making the decision to induce at 38 weeks, but it's a little irritating that they call it a "weight check". Ummmm...hello!!! The girl is already 7 lbs, do you think she's going to shrink in 2 weeks time??

Anyway, I was already 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced at my last visit, so I've been hoping that she'll just show up on her own before I even need to be induced. Although, I've done a lot of walking, a lot of eating eggplant parmesan, and a few other things to try and coax her out with in the next week or so, but so far no luck.

The good thing is my PUPP rash went away before it had a chance to spread to my arms and legs. Now let's hope it's gone for good. Now if I can only tolerate being at work for the next week or so, it'll be amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but something about being 9 months pregnant and haggling over truck deals makes me a little cranky at times. And I've given up all together waddling out on the lot to talk to customers, because there's just no way I'm standing out in 100 degree heat when I feel like I'm wearing my winter parka. Would someone please turn off the furnace down here?! It's killing me!

Anyway, no baby yet, which is just fine as long as she's here in about a week and a half. I'll keep you all posted. Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment