Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fatsy Patsy

So ever since Carter came home from the hospital our dogs haven't gotten quite the same kind of attention that they used to get. Let's face it, they went from being our "babies" that got pushed around in strollers for entertainment to being just our dogs. So in their depression I have noticed that they had been eating a lot more than usual; especially Patsy. They went from sharing 2 1/2 scoops of food a day to eating about 4 -5 scoops of food a day. They would scarf the first 2 1/2 scoops down in the morning and then at night they would sit by the bowl and beg for more. How could I turn them down?

Well, I walked into my bedroom the other night to see Patsy laying on my nice pillows from my bed and I noticed that she looked a lot fatter than usual. She's a very tiny Pug and only weighed 14 lbs the last time she was at the Vet. This is very tiny compared to my first Pug, Otis, who weighed 32 lbs. Since I thought she looked bigger than usual, I decided to put her on our scale. It's a cheap scale and may not be that accurate, but none the less it said she weighed around 19 or 20 lbs!!!! Holy cow, dog! How did you gain 5 lbs?! Now that I pay more attention, she does look like a swollen sausage. I wish it wasn't so cold or I would take her on a walk, but I can't take the baby out in this.

So for now, she will be going by the alias Fatsy Patsy. So fitting.

1 comment: