Thursday, June 2, 2011

Carter's Hearing & Prego

Carter went for his appt. with the Audiologist and she did a couple of tests on his ears and everything showed that his hearing is just fine. So he's only hard of hearing when he chooses to be. He does have a little fluid built up behind his right ear which may cause chronic ear infections for a while, but he should grow out of that. She didn't even recommend tubes for that ear. So praise the Lord!! Nothing to worry about in that department.

As far as his talking goes, I think it's just his personality that keeps him quite. Sometimes he babbles on, but for the most part he's a really quite kid. We did take a trip to Chattanooga over the weekend and he proved he could learn new words. As we went to the Aquarium, Railroad Museum, and the Riverboat Cruise; he learned to say train, choo choo, fish, and boat. I think it really helped to see an actual object that we were teaching him about. He has identified pictures before, but does much better with the "hands on" experience.

So I'm just going to continue to read to him and work with him on his speech, but not worry too much until he's at least 2 if he's not talking more by then. He's very smart and picks up on a lot of things, I just think he knows he can get his point across without talking much at this point.

Thanks for the prayers!! They really helped ease our minds.

Now onto a blog about me. haha! I will be 28 weeks prego on Saturday and so far it has flown by. That may be in part to the unusually cool spring we've had here in TN, but that has changed. The temps hit the mid 90s a few days ago and there is no relief in the near forecast. So hopefully the next 3 months don't drag by. I went from hardly a couple lbs. gained by 20 weeks, to a total of 20 lbs. gained by almost 28 weeks. Of course I'm still doing better than I did with Carter, but I was 15 lbs. heavier when I got pregnant with Bella than when I got pregnant with Carter. So not only do I not want to get near the 52 lbs. I gained with him, but I really don't even want to get up to the same weight I was when I had him so I can't gain much more here!!

Since I started packing on the pounds, I have been trying to eat healthier. I have been staying pretty active with yard projects, but I've also been trying to get out of my office chair more often and do lunges and things like that when no one is looking.

So here's to a healthy pregnancy and not gaining anymore weight!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Carter passing his tests. Do you ever say when you walk out gee wonder how much that cost me for them to tell me what I already know?

    Doing some lunges and squats at the office I see no problem in that. Maybe you should start an office wide fitness routine! Miss Bella will be here before you know it and the weight will be gone. Oh and by the way you took my girl's name:)

    ReplyDelete