Thursday, June 23, 2011

Leaky pipes

So last Friday afternoon around 3:30, I had a bit of a liquid spill in the baby region. It came out of nowhere and I thought to myself "Did I just...?" or "maybe it was my water leaking?" Well it seemed like my pipes were still leaking a little bit, so I left the office a little red faced and called my doctor. The girl that answered the phone told me the doc was out and that I should go to labor and delivery right away. Great....

So I made the appropriate calls to my husband, childcare provider, and parents to ensure Carter would get picked up from daycare and that there was someone to watch him. My parents were actually out of town so Brett picked him up and took him to our neighbor's house. As I drove to the hospital, it seemed everyone else was panicing and I was keeping it cool. I figured if it was my water leaking, they could put me on bed rest and monitor it.

Apparently the girl at labor and delivery registration didn't think it was urgent because she took about 30 mins to get me checked in. Once I got back to my room everyone kept texting me (and by that I mean my mom mostly) freaking out and asking me what was going on. Hello! I didn't know yet cause even though I had been there 45 mins, I hadn't seen a nurse yet! Finally when a nurse did come in, she did the strip test to see if it were amniotic fluid and that test came out negative. So then she did another test and sent it off to the lab. In the mean time, Brett showed up with sheer panic on his face. I told him to calm down and not look like he was going to fall over dead, because I may have just peed on myself afterall!!

Well about an hour after the nurse took the second test, she came back with the results. In her very polite, shy voice she said, "well, it's not amniotic fluid". That's when Brett chimed in, "so she just peed on herself?" Gotta love my husband. The nurse wouldn't say that for sure, because she didn't want to embarrass me, but I've already give birth in front of a room full of strangers, peeing on myself isn't the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced. So we packed it up and went home. Thankful that my baby girl was not trying to make her entrance at 30 weeks. That would have been terrible. Now if she wants to kick a hole in her bag of waters at about 37 weeks, I won't argue with her. That is if my doctor doesn't induce me at that point anyway.

On a side note, my in-laws have already given me 3 points in time that I can not have my baby because of their schedules. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Both were people that have never been/will be pregnant so I guess their ignorance on the matter is understandable. Because anyone that's ever been pregnant knows you don't tell a pregnant lady when she can and can't have her child. Sons of bitches!

P.S. I am trying to figure out what's going on with this stupid blogger thing. I can't seem to leave comments for anyone anymore and it's making me made. Poop on that!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I hope everything goes well with the delivery of your baby girl...and glad for you that it wasn't at 30 weeks!! Pregnancy is so...humbling. "Leaky pipes" is a GREAT way to put it!! :)

    ReplyDelete