Monday, February 23, 2009

Gov't cheese.

Are you sitting down? No really, you need to sit down if you aren't already. Okay, so even though I 100% do not support Obama or his stimulus packages, Brett and I were supposedly going to benefit from this new one they just passed. In it, included a $8,000 tax credit to first-time home buyers that purchased a house between Jan. 1, 2009 and Dec. 31, 2009. Well I thought it was too good to be true, but I checked into it anyway. Come to find out, we really were entitled to this credit. And it doesn't just come out of your taxable income, it is literally an $8,000 check that the IRS writes you. So after I did our taxes, looked them over and even had my mom look them over, the Govt owes us $9,700 that they will soon be depositing into our checking account!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! The gov't is going to give us almost $10,000!! Brett and I are so excited and happy we can't even stand it. For once, hard working people that have done everything right are going to benefit from a gov't handout. I thought it was impossible to get anything handed to you from the gov't unless you were a complete loser in life. But we ought to get something for not sucking off the system and going out there everyday and working hard. So we will take the money and payoff Brett's car. Mine will be paid off in Sept. and depending on what the exact payoff is on both of our cars, we may be able to pay them both off with the refund check. So that will make our house the absolute only debt we have. Oh it feels so good to not have to worry about debt!!!!! Thank you God for all your blessings!!! I feel like he is watching out for us left and right and just pouring down blessings in our life right now. I know the economy is beating a lot of people down, but we have been lucky enough to not feel the pain of it. so far. I hope it continues this way.

1 comment:

  1. good for you guys. we were hoping to get some moola back for having a baby. but apparently he has to be 6 months old to get the big bucks back : / Too bad so sad. maybe next year.

    we're on our way to being debt free too. isn't it a good feeling??? think how rich we'll be someday!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete