Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Too many blessings to count.

In a time that is so tough for so many people in this country, Brett and I are feeling God's blessings being poured down on us continuously. First we got married and received many, many blessings from God through the generosity of our friends and family. My parents helped us out a great deal by giving us the best wedding we could have ever asked for and then gave us an extremely generous wedding gift that helped us purchase our first home. We couldn't have done it without them. For that, Brett and I will forever be grateful. Not only were we able to purchase our first home, but it came at such a great time to buy. We got a really good deal on our house (thanks to my dad pushing me not to give up until I bought something for less than $80 per square foot) and we were able to finance at a time when interest rates were at an all time low. As if this all wasn't great enough, the IRS is giving us $8,000 for purchasing our house this year. We're still trying to wrap our minds around that one. And then on top of it, our friends and family provided us with wonderful things to fill our new house with. We have a full bedroom set thanks to Brett's parents!

I do have a strong faith in God (afterall it's tatooed on my right foot) and believe he provides things for those that ask him and are willing to put the work into get the things he wants us to have. But I could have never imagined all the blessings he has provided for Brett and I in the past several months. I started a new career in an industry that I would have no chance at if it weren't for my dad owning a dealership and giving me the opportunity to sell trucks. I mean I believe I'm capable of working hard for him and doing good at what I do, but the fact of the matter is, I wouldn't even have the chance to get my foot in the door somewhere else fresh out of college with no sales experience. I have learned the trucks way faster than I had ever expected and my people skills are improving daily. I have already sold my first truck, have another guy bringing me the money for a second truck today, and have a deal going through financing as we speak on the third truck. But it just wouldn't be possible with out God's help. I pray several times a day and ask him to help me with my career and thank him for all that he does. When I'm feeling discouraged, like I was this morning, he works things out for me on his own terms. I went home last night as discouraged as I could've possibly been, because I didn't pre-qualify a customer like I should have and I thought I was going to lose a deal on a truck we really needed to sell. I was upset about it all evening and most of the morning. When I thought all hope was gone for selling this truck, even though I had asked for God's help with it, my customer called me up and said he was at the bank getting his own financing and he was going to buy the truck from me still!!!! I was so excited and just knew this was a God thing again.

When I look back at our home buying process, there were many, many times that I asked God to help us get a house we put an offer in on and when it didn't happen I would get extremely discouraged and thought it would never happen. Well, I know now that when I asked for God's help to get us the right house for the right deal, he was going to do it on his terms not mine. And that's exactly what happened. We didn't get the first 4 houses we put offers in on, because he had the right house waiting for us and all I had to do is be patient and have faith. I know that's what I have to do with my career as well. God has blessed me with the opportunity to sell 3 trucks in my first month (which is pretty good for newbe) and I should be doing nothing but thanking him for that.

Now the next task Brett and I are working on, is getting pregnant. I guess I might as well come out and say that we've been trying to accomplish this task since the middle of our honeymoon. For a while we would say "we're not trying, but we're not 'not' trying." Get real! When you don't do anything to prevent pregnancy, you're trying! So far it hasn't been successful and I guess with each month that passes and it doesn't happen, I get a little more disappointed, but I know that it'll happen when God feels we are ready for it to happen. I know we wouldn't have been ready if I had gotten pregnant right after we got married. And you know what? I'm not sure I've even asked for any help on this one. I pray for everything else I need help with, so why not this? I guess I'm just realizing that now. I'm going to start doing that and just have faith that it'll happen when it's suppose to. For now, we are just appreciating all that God has already done for us and trying not to take any of it for granted. I'll keep you updated on how the getting pregnant thing is going. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. i'll pray that it happens when it's supposed to too. this whole pregnancy has been on my mind lately too. we're going to start trying again...well probably not until summer...but until then we're not not trying. it drives me crazy because one of my best friends has been trying for 2.5 years with no success and here i go...i can sneeze and practically get pregnant. someday in heaven i hope to find out why some people struggle. my friend is looking into adoption now and is hopeful. but don't get down after just a few months. they say you should try for a year before you start to get worried. i know a year sounds like a long time but look how young we are! you'll get you're baby in his time...i'm sure of it. happy 'trying' : )

    ReplyDelete