Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baby Shower

So as I promised yesterday, I will resume the topic of my baby shower. Moving on from stolen trucks to cute, adorable baby stuff.

My mom was gracious enough to throw me a baby shower this past Saturday and I must say it was a delight. I didn't have a bridal shower and I've never been to a baby shower, so I really didn't know what to expect. I was just a little nervous about sitting in front of everyone and opening gifts; but it turns out it wasn't that awkward afterall. My mom hosted it at her house and she did a really great job of planning fun games and great food. She even got me a Baby Einstein cake from Publix which was sooooooo delicious!! My friend, Christine, also made a really cute blue and white cake that said "It's a Boy" on it and I loved it as well. Here is a little snapshot of me and the cakes.
Once everyone got there, we started in on some games. The first game we started was the pacifier game that went on throughout the whole shower. Everyone got a pacifier and whoever crossed their arms or legs, got theirs taken away and given to the person that called them out on it. I tried to hold out, but I was wearing a dress and trying to hold my legs together with this big ol' belly just got painful so I gave up and Christine got my pacifier. She ended up winning that game and got a nice bottle of wine as a prize.

We also played the Ultrasound game. This is where you pass around various ultrasound pictures and try to identify what body part is in the image. I ended up getting 10 out of 12 correct and won the game. I was pretty surprised, because some of the images are really hard to tell what they are. But they looked a lot like the ones I have of Carter, so I had an advantage I think. We then played a baby trivia game, which I didn't participate a whole lot in because Brett's mom was standing right next to me with the answer cards where I could see them and I thought it would be unfair of me to answer many of the questions. Natalie won that game, of course. She has an 18 month old afterall. Did you know the average newborn goes through 7,500 diapers in the first year? Crazy!!!

Then after the games were done, it was on to gifts. Just so you know, I didn't read the card out loud. Instead I said who the gift was from and then passed them around for everyone to see. I got some cute stuff and now I have to better organize Carter's closet to fit everything. This boy has enough clothes to last him a year without ever wearing anything twice. And he has 3 of the same exact ND outfit with slight differences. I bought him a 3-6 mos size of the outfit, Sarah (Brett's sister) gave us the same one that was 6-9mos and then our great friends Gary and Kasey gave us the same outfit but in Blue and Green instead of Blue and Gold like we already had. Needless to say, Brett is thrilled!! He can't wait to dress his little guy up and turn him into a Domer. Anyway, here are some pics from the gift opening.






And this one is for my grandma. What's better than pregnant ladies and tomato plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment