Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This is Starting to Hurt

So as I draw nearer to the third trimester of my pregnancy (I'm at 26 weeks today), I'm starting to feel the aches and pains that one usually associates with the third trimester. While I look back at the last 26 weeks and think about how fast it has flown by, I am also beginning to wonder how I am going to be able to handle another 14. Sleeping is beginning to get a little more uncomfortable as well as sitting, walking, standing, etc. One may think that the most comfortable sleeping position would be on your back, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I feel like my uterus is weighing down on everything else and I have to roll to my side to get some relief. I try to tuck a pillow between my legs and underneath my belly, but that has seemed to become bothersome recently as well. I have never been a stomach sleeper, but all of a sudden I have the urge to roll over on my belly and sleep, which we all know is a big no no. So what should I do? I mean I have 3 more months of this and I know it's only going to get worse. At my last checkup I had only gained 1 lb. in a 4 week duration, but the last two visits before that were horrible as far as the scale is concerned. So now I'm wishing I hadn't gained so much weight so fast, because I don't think that's helping my situation any. Everything is just beginning to ache!!! And let's not even talk about my poor little feet. I'll have to make it up to them once this baby arrives.

Anywho...I took my glucose tolerance test last week and passed it with flying colors! Score! Now I don't have to go back for the 3 hours test. I also asked my doctor about her thoughts on epidurals and she made it pretty obvious to me that she was a fan. She had one with all 3 of her children, so that was re-assuring to know. She also mentioned the words "larger tearing" with natural births and I just knew what I was going to do. I'll go as far along as possible naturally, but when it comes to the point that I'm nearly passing out from pain, I'll be getting myself an epidural.

My baby shower is this Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. Some of my neighbor ladies and other friends of mine will be there, so it should be lots of fun. I'm just nervous about the whole idea of sitting in front of everyone and opening presents. How awkward. My question to the ladies that have been through baby showers before is, do I have to read each and every card out loud?

Okay, well I know this blog is pretty boring, but that's my life lately. The most entertainment I've had in a while is from reading the book "Twilight". I'm sure you've all heard of the movie. I saw the movie and liked it so much that I decided to read the 500 page book. If you know anything about me, you know that I'm not a reader, but this book is excellent! I'm about 250 pages in and it hasn't gotten boring yet. I'm definitely going to read the other 3 books and I recommend you read them too. Anyway, I'll catch ya later! Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. that's my plan exactly for receiving any drugs, I will go as long as I can without and if I ask and it's too late then pray for me:)

    Reading cards outloud i say NO WAY!!! I don't mind passing the card around for each person to read if they choose to but let's be honest shower attendees don't care what the card says they want to see the gift and if it's the gift they brought they want to see your reaction. Lots of people take pride in the gift and the card was a last minute pick-up for formality sakes. (wow there isn't a single period in that entire statement, say yea for public school and 2 yea's for a SB school)

    Sleeping I'm dreading that part and for now will enjoy the sleep I do get:)
    Sorry for the comment being so long.
    Ashley Zarembka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epidurals = fabulous

    Cards = read who the gift is from, that is it nothing more

    Sleeping = It gets worse. Do whatever you can to get comfy (do you have a recliner???) Actually sleeping on you back is worse than sleeping on your stomach. The weight of the uterus can cut off circulation to your lower extremities. I slept on my stomach until it hurt to do so. (I am a big time stomach sleeper though...) Anyway, whatever is most comfortable for you do it! (My doctor said sleep on your head if it means you can get a good nights rest!) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete