Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Future Linebacker

I went in for my ultrasound this morning to see how big this little boy is getting and boy did I get a surprise. Well, actually I wasn't that surprised considering how huge I'm getting. The technician gave me a current estimated weight of 8lbs. 3oz. I almost hit the floor. No, just kidding, I was actually happy about this because maybe it will encourage my Dr. to let me induce on the 20th. I'm praying so hard!!!! I really don't want to wait another 2 to 3 weeks for him to arrive, because he could be 10lbs by then. I have absolutely no desire to give birth to something that large.

I was hoping to get a really good look at this baby since the last time he was so small I couldn't tell much, but this time he was too big to see much. I did get to see the cute little foot that is always kicking me in the side and one of his eyes, because the other one is facing my back. But the best thing of all was seeing all that hair on his head!! Yep, they could identify hair on his little dome and I was very pleased. Now I know all the heartburn was worth it.

My question is, do newborns this big actually fit into the newborn size clothes? I know the tags always say 5 - 8 lbs, but I was wondering how accurate that is. He's got some pretty cute newborn outfits that I would hate for him to miss out on.

Anyway, I will keep everyone updated on my little linebacker. Hopefully it won't be much longer!

2 comments:

  1. He may be able to fit in newborn stuff for about 2-3 weeks. Those sizes are so funny! I wouldn't buy anymore NB sizes but he probably could squeeze into them at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya...it all depends on the brand. In my case, and I know you know what I mean by that...my son never fit in new born clothes OR newborn diapers. We ended up giving those away and we've saving all his NB clothes for another boy eventually.

    I'm telling ya, lay on the floor and throw a fit until you get what you want : ) haha!

    ReplyDelete