Monday, November 16, 2009

Tears work

So I have to update the status of my work situation, because it's easy to bitch but sometimes I forget to comment on the positive things. After having a very "pregnant" day the other day and getting really upset about my "boss" making suggestions about my maternity leave again, I lost it and called my mom while crying to ask for her help. Well she had a talk with the boss and the next day he called me into his office to apologize for putting pressure on me about my time off. He just explained that he's gonna miss me while I'm gone because I've become such a good salesperson. Nothing like a good compliment to make all my hormonal moodiness fade away. He agreed to leave me alone about it and he's now being very flexible with my schedule during my last week or so of work. For instance, today I felt like I got run over by a freight train (I came down with an even worse cold than I've had for the last month) and he let me go home after just a couple hours of work. It might have something to do with my non-stop coughing and nose blowing. Or maybe the fact that I sound like Pee Wee Herman when I'm on the phone with customers. Either way, I'm at home now trying to rest up before this baby comes and that makes me very happy.

Speaking of coughing...I managed to cough my mucus plug out. Hopefully the baby is soon to follow.


P.S. For those of you who haven't caught on yet, my "boss" is also my dad. Gotta love him!!

3 comments:

  1. haha. I was gonna say...'I think she works for her dad...'

    Glad he's being nice. Probably just doesn't wanna be without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet of him, i'd say you still have him wrapped around your finger he just doesn't want to admit it.

    hopefully coughing out your mucus plug will move things along for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember feeling soooooooooo preggers and people being nasty, ESPECIALLY bosses! Congrats on your baby.

    ReplyDelete