Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Within Reach

The arrival of my baby boy is finally within reach. I went to my OB appointment this afternoon and she scheduled me for an induction on Thursday morning. I have to go into the hospital tomorrow night at 8, so they can start medicating my cervix and about 8 hours after that, they'll start me on the Petocin. Not that I'm real excited about being induced, because I've heard it's a harder labor, but I am very excited to meet this little boy. I'm also excited to get this watermelon out of my belly.

Today I was 1cm dialated and 70% effaced, so she was also able to scrape my membranes in hopes to kick start labor on it's own. All I know now is that after that little experience, I know I am way too big of a wuss for natural labor. Bring on the epidural!!! Anyway, I'm hurting a lot in my lower back tonight, so I don't know if that means anything or not. Maybe I'll end up going in tonight. Who knows? All I do know is that my little guy will be here within a couple days!! I guess this means no New Moon for me. Maybe when he's a month old I'll leave him with my mom for a couple hours so I can still catch that movie while it's in the theater. But I'll definitely take a baby over a movie anyday.

So here's to given birth! Should be quite the experience. I'll let ya'll know when he's here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl~

    Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you all the time! Carter is almost here and you guys will be parents! Make sure you are getting rest, and are relaxing before you welcome your little on to this world :)

    ReplyDelete