Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Do You Hear The Baby Crying?

Well I didn't last night. My alarm went off this morning at 5:30 and I realized that I had slept through the night. I was astonished, had Carter actually slept through the night? It was too good to be true...and it was. I glanced over at the monitor and saw that the light bar on it was going crazy indicating that my baby was screaming, but I heard nothing. I flipped it over to on rather than voice activated and I still heard nothing. Then I realized the volume was turned down. Oh no!!!! Had I really let my baby cry for God knows how many hours without even knowing? I felt terrible and bolted to his nursery. I got to his crib and he was still nestled nicely in his swaddle, but he was crying and his eyes were puffy. It broke my heart to know he may have been up there crying for several hours with a hungry tummy and dirty diaper and I did nothing about it. I grabbed him up and comforted him and then laid him on the changing table to change his diaper while Brett got a bottle ready. Carter instantly stopped crying and just laid there looking pretty worn out. I quickly changed him and Brett fed him. Then he was out like a light bulb.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has ever done this. I swear I'm going to make sure that monitor is on blast every night before I go to sleep. This is not something I want to put my baby through again. Poor little guy...

2 comments:

  1. Oh REST ASSURED we have ALL done this! I do believe it has happened like 3 times and poor Gooner has survived each and every time. Babies, our sweet babies, are so much more durable than we think and oh so quick to forgive. They love their mama, and that is the truth. You are a great Mom, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, okay, now I know we all do dumb things sometimes! Glad to know I'm not alone, heh. And don't worry, our babies still love us and forgive us, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete