Thursday, January 7, 2010

I popped my exercise ball.

Well, I didn't exactly pop my exercise ball but it did deflate. I've been trying to get back on the working out band wagon and have been doing pretty well with it, but I swear some force is trying to stop me. I haven't put any new air in it since I bought the thing like 4 years ago and it was in need of a refill. So as I stuck the pump nozzle in it and began to blow it up, the nozzle end broke off in it and the ball deflated. I'm not sure if that's some kind of sign, but I won't let it stop me. I've been feeling like a big fat pile of mashed potatoes ever since I had Carter and I'd really like to shake that feeling and all this fat. I used to be in really really good shape and worked out like a maniac, but I'm tired of saying "I used to..." and I'm ready to say "I am...". So I've been working out on the elliptical and WAS doing at least 100 crunches on my ball every evening, plus doing some weight lifting. Despite the scale not showing any progress, my legs and arms are beginning to feel firmer. Now I'll have you know I was born with legs of steel and in high school (when I was in really bad shape) I could still leg press 500 lbs. and do 120 lbs. on leg extensions. I may have been a puff ball, but I had lots of muscle under all my puffiness. Then in college I decided to get in shape and I dropped tons of weight and got in super good shape. I added boxing to my routine and my arms became firmer than they had ever been and I was confident in being able to defend my self with my swift upper cut.

Then.......I had a baby and was unable to do any major lifting or straining and I turned into a cream puff again...but worse. For the first time in my whole life I couldn't lift heavy objects and strain my body like I was so used to doing my whole life. My legs had never been so soft, but with a little workout they are starting to feel hard again. I just gotta get rid of this jelly belly. Good God!!!

So here is my New Year's resolution...I need to get healthy again and lose 35 - 40 lbs and I plan on doing it! There ya go...I put it out there.
I want to go from this:
To this:

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, you can definitely do it. I need to do the same thing! Maybe I need to make the commitment (numbers and all!) on my blog...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AWESOME! We can totally do this! I agree with the jelly belly. To be honest I think I might try the whole cinching thing. I'm going to buy something next week and then blog about it. I'm excited about losing and it is really starting to show. I had to workout hard AND make better food choices.

    ReplyDelete