Thursday, September 17, 2009

Distracting myself from the heartburn.

Well I've just spent the last day and a half at a truck dealer forum that was hosted by Truck Paper, the nation's largest heavy duty truck advertiser. It was interesting to say the least. First off, there were a handful of women there amongst probably 150 or more men. Then I stuck out like a sore thumb, because I was the only woman under 30 and I was definitely the only pregnant one. I felt awkward. But, it was a good experience to be able to meet dealers from all over the country (most of which my dad already knows). They served great food and the finest booze (all for free, but I couldn't partake for obvious reasons). I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could leave my house a little before 7, hoping to make it there by 7:45 to 8:00, but that didn't go according to plan. It was raining and that means people like to drive 20 mph on the highway, so it took me an hour and a half to make it from my house to Nashville. I was late to the first discussion and missed breakfast. Oh well, at least I got lunch.

But now I feel like someone slammed me into a brick wall. It's funny I feel that way considering I didn't join the people that went out partying until 2 a.m. Maybe it's the fact that I got up at 5:30, but I usually get up before 6 anyway, so that shouldn't matter. It has also been a constant down pour for the last couple of days, so maybe that's making me feel bad. Or it could be the ever growing human that is taking up so much room in my belly. Does it sound weird when I say it like that? Yeah...that's what I thought. Anyway...if I can just make it through the next couple of months without getting the swine flu or something, I'll be extremely happy.

On a really positive note...lately, every person that I have told I'm 7 months pregnant to, has told me "wow, you really don't look that big at all!" Thank you, you just made my year, but you don't have to lie to me. No, seriously, at least 3 people said that to me at the forum and I couldn't believe it. I wanted to ask them how many pregnant ladies they've been hanging around because I've already gained 30 lbs and I'm not done yet!! But I'll take the compliment anyway. It makes up for my husband making me feel like a whale. It's not his fault, he's just not good at lying. Anyway, that's enough of my rambling for today. I'll finish with a few questions because I like comments.

To the pregnant ladies out there or moms with babies or toddlers...

What is/was your worst pregnancy symptom and how did you deal with it?

I'd have to say mine is the heartburn. If I have an esophagus left after this, I'll be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Heartburn and fatigue! I carried Tums in my purse at all times and slept as much as possible. Ryan would get made when I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm! It is hard work growing a baby. Get all the sleep you can now because you surely won't be getting any when Carter arrives!

    ReplyDelete