Monday, September 28, 2009

I Think Someone's A Little Excited

To say that my mom is a little excited for her grandson to show up might be a slight understand. If it could be put into words how excited I think she is, it would go a little something like this: Yes! Yippie! Horray! Super! Can't Wait! Hurry up November and get here already!!!!! That's just my guess though. But I that's an educated guess based on the following information; this child has already received from my parents the following items:
  • Crib
  • Mattress
  • Pooh and all his stuffed animal friends
  • A Harley Davidson wardrobe
  • A MTSU outfit
  • A John Deere outfit and socks
  • A Loveless Cafe outfit
  • Some diapers
  • Diaper Genie
  • 4 wheeler
  • Changing table pad & cover
  • Health and Grooming Kit
  • Christmas PJs (purchased but still a secret)
  • 2 Christmas outfits
  • Socks that will go with the Christmas outfits
  • Really adorable blanket

And I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but that's all that my little brain can remember for right now. The gifts are starting to become more frequent and I think that's my mom's way of expressing her excitement, which in turn gives me a really warm fuzzy excited feeling. It's not the gifts that I like so much (don't get me wrong, those are nice too), but what really makes me happy is the support I'm getting from my parents. Seeing them so excited really makes me feel good. It makes me feel like I'm really doing the right thing here. I can't say the support from the other side of the family has been the same, which is disappointing, but having my parents pour so much love into this child already makes up for any lack of support on anybody else's part. I thought I was a spoiled child, but I have a feeling Carter is going to be waaaaaaaay more spoiled than I ever thought about being. Nana Clark says she has even gotten him a Christmas present already!! Man, she's way ahead of me. By the way, what do you get a newborn for Christmas? He'll be roughly a month old by then.

Anyway...it's tough to keep telling myself we have 8 more weeks, buuuuuut...WE HAVE 8 MORE WEEKS PEOPLE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. that's hillarious :) Thats how my mom was too.

    my mom bought pink outfits before we even knew what i was having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Keep it comin' that stuff is not cheap. Yay for Grandmas. (and Grandpas of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how excited your mom is! And its only the very beginning of the spoiling. And trust me, grandchildren can do no wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete