Monday, September 14, 2009

I Was Right

My assumption that my belly itching like crazy meant that those horrid little stretch marks would show their face pretty soon was in fact rather accurate. I don't know if the two are related, but I have noticed the 3 tiniest little purple marks on my lower belly and I assume they are the beginning of what will soon be zebra stripes. Plus I could feel a little groove when I ran my finger over them and that just made my fears even more real. In the back of my mind I was thinking I may be one of those lucky girls that doesn't get stretch marks, but considering my size...I didn't really think that was going to be possible. So now we'll just wait and see how bad they get. At least I made it to nearly 30 weeks before they showed up. I will consider myself lucky for that.

On a positive note, I went through my child birthing class this weekend and got lots of great information. The best little piece of info. I was given, was that my hospital will induce women at their request as soon as they hit 39 weeks!! Of course this is great, because I am obsessed with having everything planned. But I have pretty much decided to not induce until the Saturday morning after Thanksgiving (that's if the kid hasn't showed up on his own already, because my due date is Tuesday, the 24th). This would mean we had to check in Friday night and spend the night before they started to induce me the following morning. One thing that does bother me is that once you have the baby, they want to keep you another 48 hrs on top of it. 48 hours!! I'm going to try my hardest to get myself out of that one. This would mean spending at least 3 nights in a hospital bed and I'm not digging on that. But I'm just really excited about everything now. I know it's over two months away, but I'm hoping the time will fly by.

Until then...I'll be inpatiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment