Wednesday, February 10, 2010

12 Weeks Old

Tomorrow Carter will be 12 weeks old. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? I just wish my pregnancy would have flown by that fast. Carter boy is making so much progress each and every day I hardly want to blink in fear I will miss something. As you all know he started rolling over from belly to back when he was 6 weeks old (which he continues to do) and now he's getting really close to rolling from his back to his belly. I'm afraid I might miss that event someday while I'm at work. My mom got this really great play mat for him that has toys dangling down and he likes to kick and grab at them and it really works him up to almost rolling over.
He started his physical therapy the other day and the therapist was so impressed with his strength and development. She couldn't believe how long he could hold his head up while on his belly and the fact that he was holding objects already. She gave him a rattle to hold and he held it for several minutes and even tried to put it in his mouth. She said he thinks he's a 4 month old. Yay! But the most important part was that she saw major improvement in his torticollis and said the stretches I had been doing with him were working well. She gave me one extra stretch to do with him (which he hates I might add) and she wants to see him back in a month. She believes he is continuing to sleep on one side of his head now, because his flat spot is so bad not because his neck is still so tight. This is good and bad. I'm glad his neck is getting better, but wish I would've gotten the problem fixed before he developed such a bad flat spot. I mean it is really bad!!! I'm afraid he's gonna be a pancake head forever. Why didn't anyone ever tell me about flat spots?! Out of all the crap they warm you about with a baby, no one ever mentioned flat spots. Does anyone know when the soft spot closes up? The therapist says his flat spot will correct itself as long as he still has his soft spot.

Anyway, Carter was scheduled to be dedicated at my church on Jan. 31, but it was postponed due to bad weather. So they rescheduled it for Feb. 28. We're looking forward to that. Not only do we get to dedicate his life to the Lord, we also get to show him off to the whole church and you know how us parents like to show off our babies.

So here is the little guy (or big guy rather).





4 comments:

  1. Wow, he is getting so big! He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big he is getting! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! He has gotten so big! He looks somuch like Brett its not even funny! Im sure he will turn out to be the most beautiful baby boy ever! I cant wait to see him Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Gooner is almost 9 months and I can't believe it. Yet pregnancy certainly didn't feel this quick!

    ReplyDelete