Thursday, February 25, 2010

Imma box you up.

So I have really been trying to stick with my healthier diet and exercise and I'm still seeing results. The weight drop has slowed, but I'm slowly but surely getting my old body back. I've lost another 3 lbs since I started tracking my weight loss, bringing the total to 10 lbs. And I'm down 37 lbs from my heaviest while pregnant. So I have another 14 lbs to get back to what I weighed at my first Dr's appt and then another 16 lbs on top of that to get back to my pre pre-baby weight.

I've really been getting serious about the workout and have gotten back into boxing. Boxing is a serious workout and unless my mind is right, I just can't do it. I usually have to think about something that makes me mad or sad in order to get a really good workout. For the past week I have been doing the elliptical for about 30 mins and then doing about 25 mins on the bag. I think what forces me to really go hard on the bag is when I actually take the time to wrap my wrists. It's a hassle and takes several minutes, but if I do it, I know I'll box for longer than 5 minutes. Not to mention, this really does prevent injury. I can not tell you how bad it hurts to bend your wrist up while swinging as hard as you can. Not fun!!

So here's to keeping up the healthier way of life and to looking good in a swimsuit again!

2 comments:

  1. Um yay! This is so awesome! I really have plateaued!!!! Gah. Very frustrating, but I know that it will come off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I left you an award at my blog!

    ReplyDelete