Monday, April 27, 2009

Stroller Mania

On Saturday Brett and I went t0 the Franklin Main Street Festival to soak up some sun and over-priced arts and crafts. If you're not familiar with Franklin, TN, it's where both of our parents' live and is also the rich and expensive suburb of Nashville. It's home to many country singers such as Kenny Chesney, George Jones, etc. Any I say all this to explain that every little nick nack was waaaaaaaaay overpriced. We did manage to purchase a clay bird house for a decent price, so that was nice.

Anyway, as we were walking through the super packed streets we began to notice how many strollers there were being pushed around. It's super annoying to be stuck behind someone pushing a stroller, because they walk super slow and you can't get around them. This is when I turned to Brett and said, "This is going to be us next year." We're going to be the ones pushing the extra large stroller and annoying the people behind us. It's so amazing how many pregnant people and people with strollers there are out there. I swear we saw 3000 strollers on Saturday!!! We also commented on just about every baby we saw and Brett especially liked commenting on the fat rolls that tend to hang on a baby's legs. I think he believes a baby should have tone, muscular legs or something like that. Wrong!!

As we were eating dinner at Mellow Mushroom, I was getting really annoyed at all the screaming kids, but then calmed down when I realized once again that this would be us in 6 1/2 months. OMG! We even got a front row view of a little boy pulling up his mother's skirt all the way up to the middle of her back. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't wearing granny panties and her entire butt was exposed for the entire restaurant to see. She screamed and then tried to crawl under her table. Poor lady. But then I pictured the same thing happening to myself and thought I'd better wear spandex shorts under every dress to ensure not having an embarrassing moment like that lady.

So to sum this all up, I guess I'm learning to have more patience with parents with big strollers and loud kids. Afterall, I would hate for someone to be annoyed with me when my baby starts crying in the middle of a restaurant or if my stroller gets in the way of someone trying to race around me. I also better learn some patience with kids in general to avoid being annoyed by my own. You know what they say, patience is a virtue.

2 comments:

  1. I think its common to be annoyed by kids...unless they're your own. Kids annoy me, but I think when I have mine, I'll be ok. lol It doesn't help that so many parents don't know how to control their kids either, so maybe I'm annoyed at the parents more than the kids. I could never act the way that some of these kids do....my brother and I would get "the look" from mom and dad and we knew to act right. Not anymore, kids are spolied and rotten....unless their parents teach them better. As far as people being annoyed by the stroller, they'll get over it. At least there's a valid reason to walking slower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was classic! I totally pictured this whole scenario of you and Brett walking and being engrossed in an army of strollers and children! It is amazing the things you start to notice. Its kind of like when you get a new car, and it seems like everyone else has the same one too! I will be sure to buy you the 1 stroller that no other baby will have! 1 of a kind is what your little one is going to be :D

    ReplyDelete