Friday, May 15, 2009

Feel The Burn!!

Sorry to disappoint, but I was not working out. I was referring to the horrible heart burn I've had all day. Of course, this is becoming a more normal occurrence due to my present state, but it doesn't help that I ate at Sonic for breakfast this morning. My dad would be scolding me right about now for eating crappy food while having a baby sucking down my leftovers. I don't know, I could have sworn I got the notion that the baby wanted a sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast bistro this morning, but I could be wrong. I did make up for it by eating a turkey cobb salad for lunch and 4 Tums.

How many Tums is a pregnant lady allowed to eat in one day? The bottle says to eat 2 to 4 tablets as symptoms occur, but not to exceed 10 per day. So far I've had 8, but surely pregnant women are allowed more than the normal dose. At least that's what I'm hoping. I mean it is a good source of Calcium afterall!!

On another note, I don't like Bella Bands. I'm sorry, some women may love them, but I don't. It starts out nice, by allowing my pants to be unzipped without a soul knowing, but after a while it bunches up and feels constricting. I can still wear my low rise jeans without a belt, but I can't wear them everyday! Soooooooo...I'm really tempted to buy some maternity jeans but don't want to feel like a big fat idiot. Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against maternity wear...I just feel like I shouldn't be wearing it already. I'm still at the "fat" stage and I don't want my customers to think I'm just too fat to fit into normal jeans or that I'm being silly by wearing maternity pants so early on. Oh let's get real! My customers probably don't even know what maternity jeans are and they'll probably just assume I'm some frumpy lady that likes to wear elastic banded pants. Afterall, they are truck drivers. What do they know? I hope they don't know how to log onto the internet to read this. hehe.

Anyway...I'm leaving it up to you guys. Maternity pants or not? If you care to share, at what stage did you mothers start wearing the funny pants?

4 comments:

  1. Like I said, I haven't bought any yet and I'm okay with that. When the time comes, fine. Do whatever you want to do. And yeah, there's no way your customers will know or even care if you're wearing maternity pants, let's be real here. lol And half the time, unless you wear a short shirt, you won't be able to even tell they're maternity. With all the stuff we have to go through, I say do it as comfortably as possible! lol I was wondering if those Bella Bands would do something like that or not, seems like they would have nowhere to go if they slumped down....

    As for heart burn, I've had it once so far...I'm sure that will change since I seem to have every prego symptom in the book. I have to say I am not one of those women that LOVES being pregnant. Certain parts are good but I've dealt with so much pain and bullcrap already and I'm only going into month 5! It's all worth it though, I just keep telling myself that. Did you check out that link from your last post for those tubs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My dad is a truck driver! JK. well, no he really is. Yellow Freight. But We can still be friends. :)

    i never did the bella bands. i just sucked it up and bought maternity pants that were too bit. i looked like a hobo for a bit but i grew into them pretty quickly. just do it. get it over with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, let me re-phrase my comment. There are some very intellegent truck drivers out there, and actually most of the guys that I've sold to have been super smart and successful. But I am in Tennessee and I do get my fair share of hillbillies. But it may have more to do with my location than the fact that they're truck drivers. In fact, I know it has to do with my location. I had a guy look at my wedding photo the other day and ask if Brett was my brother. Go figure! I have the up most respect for truckers (most of them anyway), because without them we wouldn't have any thing to buy. I have a new found respect for your dad. How is he doing by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just do it! You'll never want to go back! :) They are uber comfortable and no one will ever know (as long as you wear long shirts.) Plus it gives you a reason to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete