Friday, May 22, 2009

What a headache

For the last several days I have had a non-stop headache, only to be shortly interrupted by Tylenol, but then returns a few hours later. My doctor told me the only pain reliever I'm allowed to take is Tylenol (which I think sucks), but I still don't feel comfortable pumping myself full of any medicine for several days while carrying a baby. Now in the past when I wasn't pregnant, I've been know to take such high doses of Advil that my blood pressure would drop out. That's because I get some pretty amazing cramps with my period that no amount of medicine could put an end to them. But headaches are not something I'm used to. I get them once in a while, but they usually don't linger on for several days like this. I'm thinking it must be the hormones or something. Whatever it is, I wish it would go away, because I refuse to take anymore Tylenol and really don't enjoy my head throbbing all day long.

On a lighter note, I am really looking forward to the 3 day weekend!!! I wish I could say we're going to do nothing but relax, but that's just not true. Brett may have to work Saturday (which I hope he doesn't) and then he has to go over to the sex offender's house and cut up the tree branches that fell in their yard. At least he'll be able to get our ball from our Trac Ball set back that he sent flying over the fence about a week ago. I have a little yard work to do tomorrow, but I'm going to try to keep it to a minimum. Then I think on Sunday we'll go to my parents' house and help them out with some yard work. Now, I use the term "yard" very loosely; seeing as they do have 37 acres. Yard work at their place has a whole new meaning. But it's still usually pretty fun. They have 4 wheelers and a side-by-side (it's like a 4 wheeler with a bench seat, steering wheel, and a bed on the back for carrying stuff) and yard work instantly becomes more fun. Plus they're property bumps up to the Harpeth river, so I'm hoping to get a little fishing in. Also we forgot both of my dogs' birthdays this month along with one of my dad's dogs; so we're planning on having a joint b-day party for them. lol. I know what you're thinking, who throws a party for dogs? The answer is, we do! It'll be a small family gathering.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get rid of this headache, so I'll catch ya later! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!! Don't forget to support our troops.

2 comments:

  1. I had a constant headache when I was pregnant. It is definitely horomones! Try tying a scarf around your head really tight. I heard the pressure helps. Try googling some more non-medicated headache remedies and see if any of those work. :) I hope you feel better and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I heard that if double up on prenatals that may help with headaches but I'm not positive.....prego brain has officially set in for me so I don't remember a lot. lol If you check out the website for What to Expect when You're Expecting, or other sites, I'm sure you'll find something.

    And there is nothing wrong with celebrating doggy bdays. lol I do that with mine. Mom and dad say I won't care about about the dogs once the baby comes, but they obviously don't know how much I love my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete