Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm getting larger by the second

Soooooo...my belly is getting bigger with each and every second that passes. Okay, so some of you didn't think I was showing in my last photo, but if I had a camera with me right now and could show you what I look like, you may change your opinion. I bought a Bella Band the other day so that I could leave my pre-prego pants unzipped and I wouldn't look inappropriate. And it feels so good!! I also bought my first pair of maternity shorts. Not super stylish, but sooooo comfortable. Of course, with regular jeans you have a little bit of support holding back the "gut", but that's not the case with maternity pants. They let my belly be free and allow the baby to make him/herself very comfortable for the remaining 6 months. Brett was pretty amazed at my rapid growth and even had to pull up my shirt to get a close up look at this so called "baby bump". I won't mention the fact that he made some comment about me being 300 lbs pregnant and barefoot. Ooops...I mentioned it. Don't worry, my husband doesn't understand half of what he says and I'm not going to hold it against him.

My main concern about gaining the baby weight is not the fact that I will have extra belly fat, it's that I'll have extra face chub. Like, my face is already as chubby as I think it could possibly get, but I have this fear that by the time I'm 9 months pregnant I'll look like my cheeks got stung by 100 bees. God, please don't let this be the case.

Anyway, I'm still on my search for a "stylish" pair of maternity jeans and have had no luck at Target. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Honey, you're skinny so you're going to show faster than people like me. I just started showing at 4 1/2 months, but that's because I'm big anyway. No worries. I haven't had to get maternity clothes yet, I just go up a size since so many styles make it easier to accommodate baby. Once my pants stop fitting I think I want to get a Bella Band too, seems like a good idea.

    Have you guys thought of names yet? We have a girl name picked out (Isabella Amelia Rose......we added Amelia for my Grandma) and are trying to decide a boy name....we have Logan and Caden so far and possibly Jackson. I go in on the 26th to find out the sex, so that will make the decision easier since it will tell us what sex to stick with. :)

    trust me, I feel like a whale already, all us pregos do...just one of those evil parts of pregnancy, but I bet when you have the baby your weight will fall off so don't worry. Take care!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! We have Isabella Rose picked out for the girls name too! lol. As far as the boy name...no luck so far. I was set on the name Jackson, but Brett hates everything I like. So funny we have such similar taste in names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite name is Jackson! That was my number 1 boy name. :)

    My favorite pair of maternity jeans were from Motherhood Maternity. Pricy but adorable and flattering.

    I highly recommend the "full panel" they are UBER comfy and lets it all hang out without you having to worry if the band cuts you across your middle making your baby bump look like a jelly roll. :) Can I just say it is difficult to go back to normal pants after getting to wear elastic waisted pants for 9 months? :)

    I STILL miss my absolutley favorite maternity pants (black and khaki cords from Motherhood Maternity) to this day and occassionally wonder if I slipped them back into my rotation, would anyone REALLY notice??? :)

    Old Navy has cute maternity stuff too. JC Penney is good for work stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Great minds think alike. lol I picked that name out the day after I found out I prego! lol I think boy names are harder....and I hope to god I have a girl. :) I'll be happy either way obviously but I think I'd prefer a girl if I had my choice....they have cuter stuff. heheh. Michael doesn't like anything I like either....men! And if its a boy the middle name would be Michael Walter (he wanted his name as the middle, and my Grandpa just passed so I wanted his name in there too)....so some people think people would make fun of him and call him Michael Jackson....which I think is stupid since no one uses middle names anyway. If you haven't found out already, people have no problems giving opinions on names....even when you don't ask. It's super annoying! lol I got tons of baby name books from the library and there are websites all over that can help too...its just getting the guy to agree with it. They should just say okay since we have to go through almost 10 months of pregnancy and then labor on top of that. No fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay....why do I feel like I can not participate in these blog conversations anymore? :( I feel left out....but not left out enough to have a baby quuuiitteee yet! ;)

    ReplyDelete