Thursday, May 14, 2009

They Made A Break For It

This morning I went upstairs to look at something and when I came back downstairs I noticed that the garage door was wide open. Even worse, the big garage door was open and I just knew my dogs could not resist the temptation to escape so without even looking around for them I sprinted outside and started screaming their names. I mean they didn't even have their dog tags on!! So as I got out to the driveway I saw that they hadn't gone far yet and they were just in the neighbors yard right next to the street. Of course, Bentley never gives much of a fight and I was able to snatch him up right away. Patsy, on the other hand, is a complete different story. Just the other day I chased her around the front yard for 10 mins before I wore her out enough to grab her. I was not about to chase her down the street, so instead I got her to chase me. I acted like I was playing and I ran the opposite direction and she fell right into my trap and followed me right into the house. Good thing for that!!!!

If you're wondering why the door was left open; it's because my husband is challenged in the department of shutting doors properly. This is not the first time he has left the door open, but it is the first time the dogs escaped because of it. Yes, I called him right up and chewed him out thoroughly. But, there is a lesson to be learned here beside shutting the door all the way. I must start making my dogs wear their collars again!!! When we lived in the apartment I made them wear harnesses all the time because it was better for them when I took them out on walks. I took their tags off their collars and put them on their harnesses and they wore them all the time. But since we moved into the house and they go outside by themselves and we rarely take them out on walks (due to their breathing problems), I don't make them wear their harnesses, because I feel like they would be uncomfortable. So now I'm going to dig out their regular collars and put their tags back on those, so in case they do get away some day, they will have some I.D. I felt like a bad mom this morning. I'm just glad they didn't escape while I was in the shower! Can you imagine how far they would have gotten by the time I realized they were gone? They'd be starting in "The Great Adventures of Bentley and Patsy." Geeeessshh. Although on the days I come home to see that Patsy has chewed up my kitchen cabinets, I kinda wish she would run away. No not really. I'm sure my kids will be even worse.

Anyway, on a less unnerving note, I finally got the nursery painted the other night. The color is called "Honey Dew", but it's just a really light green. Supposedly, that's suppose to be neutral and I think it will go good with the Classic Pooh theme I've decided to go with. I was going to try and be very trendy and decorate the nursery in some kind of super modern theme, but let's face it, I'm just not that creative or coordinated. So I went with what's simple and has lots of matching pieces. I also reeeeeeaaaaaallly like the super soft stuffed animals that the Classic Pooh collection has to offer. Don't be surprised if I'm sleeping with Pooh instead of my baby.

Speaking of sleeping, I have to throw this random tidbit in here. Brett is beginning to dislike sleeping with me, because I mistreat him in the middle of the night. I have been guilty of waking up at 3 0r 4 in the morning and feeling like it was his fault I couldn't sleep, so I start kicking him. I really think it's similar to sleep walking, except it's sleep kicking. I don't mean to and in the morning I feel terrible, but for some reason I've done it a couple of times and he gets awaken to my karate kicks. Last night, I didn't kick him, but I stole his pillow. Yes that's right, I took it right out from underneath his head and wrapped it up in my arms and started cuddling with it. Then for some reason I was upset when he snatched it back. Could this be the pregnancy? Is this why my sleeping behavior has become so bizarre? Hmmmmm....strange, but still kind of funny.

5 comments:

  1. This is getting weird. I picked the Pooh theme too. lol I'm going with the more cartoon version I guess you would call it. I decided on that theme a couple weeks ago when mom and bought this giant Tigger at a garage sale, brand new! Plus some of the stuff I registered for like the stroller and pack'n'play are the Pooh theme so I thought I might as well just go with it totally. All the pieces I picked are sage green since I don't know the sex yet, but it works for both so that works out. Good choice. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...are you stalking me colleen?? lol j/k. I picked out a swing that is "Classic Pooh, Come Fly A Kite With Me" or something like that. IDK. It's all cute. Imagine how Amanda will feel if we both have girls named Isabella with Pooh themed nurseries. That'll be funny for her. I am going to call my baby girl Bella though (that's hoping it's a girl).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask you the same thing. lol I couldn't think of any other theme that I liked since some of the them are just plain ugly. lol Plus the giant Tigger I got made me go "duh" when I was thinking of themes. Mom says if I have a girl we should call her Izzy, which I think is cute too....even though I think she got that from Grey's Anatomy. haha. Bella is an adorable nickname too. I should find out the sex on the 26th and I'm super excited and hope baby cooporates, Amanda is going to go with me and she's very excited. Still debating boy name with Michael. *grr* He doesn't like anything....another reason why I hope it's a girl, so we don't have to worry about a boy name. haha.

    Ooo, I wanted to ask if you have seen Tummy Tubs? They look like flower pot/bucket things but they're baths for babies. They had them on the Today show and it seems like a really good idea. They keep the baby in a more comfortable position, the water stays warm, and they can be used up to 3 years of age! They sell them online and only cost around $45. www.tummytubs.com is the site, just wanted to pass that along since I thought it was a nifty idea. Take care! :)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...I mistreat him in the middle of the night"- love it :) You'd better start being nicer mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the color you picked out for your nursery! You need to post pics for the people who live too far away :(

    As far as the sleeping goes... I feel for Brett. Just this morning Phil punched me in my ear! I was like what the heck! He then just rolled over and made some manly grunt.

    ReplyDelete