Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Weirdest Thing

Ever since my belly has started to expand, there is increased pressure on my bladder which in turns makes me have to use the bathroom more often. So this usually means I'm getting up in the middle of the night several times to relieve some pressure. Well I didn't wake up until 5 this morning to use the restroom and when I put my hand on my belly I felt something I've never felt before. My bladder!!! Or at least I assume it was my bladder. I had a rock hard bump towards the left side of my lower belly that is not normally there. Now I thought the bladder was more centrally located, but that's all I figured this could be. If I were like 8 or 9 months pregnant, I would assume it was the baby's foot pushing out my belly, but that's just not possible at less than 4 months. Plus when I did use the restroom, my belly went back to normal. That has to be the weirdest thing that's happened to me thus far.

On another note, I received my Belly Book (thanks for the recommendation Megan) yesterday and "What To Expect When You're Expecting." Apparently, there is a lot to expect when you're expecting because this book was like 600 pages long!!!! Holy cow! If I start reading now, I might get it done before I am rushed to the delivery room in November. So I better let you go so I can start getting educated on what to expect through the next 5 months. Maybe they'll have something in there about bladder bumps.

2 comments:

  1. That book is the best thing ever! Also, I found out I'm having a baby boy. :) As far as names.....I just wanted to throw myself into a wall sometimes over it since no one agrees with what I like. *grr* I hope you have a much easier time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having the same thing happen! It is kind of freaky. I remember waking up in pain because my bladder was so full and then it would go away once I went to the bathroom. I usually didn't wake up at night to go to the bathroom so I don't think I'm programmed to wake up at the slightest twinge. So I'd go all night without getting up and that was too much! It gets a little better further along when the baby starts moving up into your rib cage more! :)

    I'm glad you got the belly book! I love mine! :)

    ReplyDelete