Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Almost a Big Announcement

Well I'm at 21 weeks and tomorrow Brett and I will find out the big news; whether or not this baby that's been kicking me in the belly is a boy or a girl. Hopefully he/she won't have his/her legs crossed. That would be upsetting. But mostly I'm just extremely excited and nervous to see my baby for the first time. I'm assuming it's normal to have fears of something possibly being wrong with your baby when you take your first glance. I'm not so sure it's normal to think my baby may have an arm growing out of its head. Or is it? Anyway, I guess I'm just nervous because of the unknown. What if my 1 cup of coffee every two weeks really has hurt my baby, or what if carrying that night stand that probably weighed 35 - 40 lbs. was too much, or maybe inhaling paint fumes while painting my room was harmful. I mean, I think I've followed the Dr.'s rules pretty closely, but I still have fears. I've never been pregnant before and I'm so used to over doing things (especially when it comes to straining my body) that I just don't know what is safe. I have been a huge believer in not listening to everybody's advice and only listening to my Dr. and my body and so far I think that's the right thing to do. I know there are so many people out there that believe if you have a sip of coffee or lift over 15 lbs. you're hurting your baby, but I don't believe that. But I'm still a little nervous for tomorrow.

I really haven't been that worried so far, until I went over to my in-laws the other night. My sister-in-law had a baby about a year and half ago and her and her husband were the types that took no chances and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't even take a sip of Coke for the entire 9 months. So when I had mentioned I painted my bedroom, her and my mother-in-law freaked. I told them my Dr. said it was okay as long as I had plenty of ventilation. Then when I picked up a box of baby clothes that probably weighed 10 lbs., my sis-n-law quickly made me hand it over and told me I'm not supposed to be lifting stuff that heavy. I know they only have the best intentions and are only trying to look out for the baby, but it just makes me feel bad like I'm not taking care of my own baby. I don't know. I think this blog just turned into something way more that I had intended it to. Must be the hormones.

Anyway, I'll make sure to let everyone know on Thursday morning whether or not our little boy or little girl has an arm growing out of its head. Until then...someone please get me a chill pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment