Monday, July 13, 2009

Gray is an impossible color

Well over the weekend I was determined to add some more color to my house. Apparently it was pretty colorful before we bought it, but the seller painted it all a boring beige to make it more sellable and now I'm trying to change it back. I painted our master bedroom a couple of months ago and was trying to achieve a medium gray color and ended up with a dark olive green looking color. Kinda similar to gross baby poop. I guess someone thought it would be a great idea to mix a lot of gold into the paint and made it look disgusting once it was on the walls. So I went to Sherwin Williams and picked out a couple of over priced paints to fix my situation. I stressed to the guy that I wanted a light to medium gray that actually would turn out gray. Not blue, not purple, not green, but actually gray. Well I got a color I really thought would look gray once on the walls, but it once again looks a little different. It has a blue look to it, but I'm satisfied. It's waaaaaaaay better than the color I covered up. So I am in love with my room once again. We got the smell out be painting the floor and replacing the carpet pad, we finally got a bed that we love as well as the bedding, and now the color just really tops things off. So here is the final product (almost, I still need to hang the curtains).

Here is the color I picked out to paint two of the walls in my living room. It's called Svelte Sage. I'm doing a two tone, because my ceiling is sloped and two of the walls are two stories high and God knows I don't want to attempt that project while pregnant (or ever for that matter).

Oh and some how I actually convinced Brett to let me paint the kitchen purple!!! Can you believe it? I told him that a lot of people are starting to use dark purples in their houses and I left it at that. When we were at Lowe's last night I had showed him a Taupe kind of color for the kitchen and he replied, "I thought you were going to paint it purple." What?!?! You mean you would actually let me do that?! He said as long as I had lots of white accents. No problem, our cabinets are white and there is lots of white trim in there to help out. So this will be exciting, because I'm going to do a wine/grape/Italian theme in the kitchen and I think purple is very fitting for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment