Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Little Monster

Yes, that's right, I called him a monster. I can do that now and not feel bad about it, because he's a boy and I'm sure if he's anything like his daddy, he'll be a little monster that destroys my clean house. Anyway, the reason for this blog is to let everyone in on another milestone we reached the other day (I know there is like a million throughout pregnancy, but if you've been there, you understand). I was laying in bed Friday night and Carter must have been flopping around pretty good, because I had my hands resting on my belly and for the first time ever I felt his kicking from the outside instead of just the inside. I immediately told Brett to come over and see if he could feel it for himself. I was hoping the little boy wouldn't get shy and stop doing it and he didn't. When Brett first put his hand on my belly he was pressing down really hard and I reassured him he didn't have to press that hard to feel the baby. So he lightened up a little bit and in a matter of seconds he felt our little boy kick for the first time. It was a pretty magical moment and I wish I had a camera to capture the look on his face. I'm not sure he really believed it was the baby at first, but after a couple more good kicks he finally believed it was Carter.

Then last night as we were both laying in bed, he started to kick again. This time it was even harder and it actually moved our hands a little bit when he did it. Weighing in at only about 1 lb., I'm actually surprised he can kick that hard. This could mean great things like he'll have a really heavy foot for NASCAR racing like my dad hopes or it could mean that he's already got way too much Clark obnoxious blood in him. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I do know one thing though, if his daddy has his way this boy will grow up to be an avid Notre Dame football fan. So as a little surprise to Brett last night, I made him close his eyes while I laid something out on the kitchen table. When he opened them back up there was a little 3 piece Adidas Notre Dame creeper set. It came with a Onesie that was made out of the Jersey material, a bib, and booties. Now, I'm no big ND fan myself (and even less of one after their recent graduation ceremony), but I know Brett loves their football team and I just knew that would put a smile on his face. I was right! He can't wait to prop his little buddy next to him on the couch and kick back and have a couple bottles and watch the game. Like I've said many times before, November can't get here fast enough!!!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is so sweet! It made me cry :( I can not even imagine the feeling of feeling your baby inside you. Brett is going to be such an awesome dad. He is going to do all of that fun stuff. He is just so laid back and goofy. He has such a good heart, and I am just so glad you guys are part of our lives. I really do wish we lived a little closer. Just thank goodness for email, cells, and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting feeling having "Daddy" feel the baby kick! :) Enjoy every minute because it'll be over before you know it! I hope I can meet little Carter one day!

    ReplyDelete