Friday, July 31, 2009

Wow, my neck doesn't hurt anymore!

I celebrated my 24th birthday yesterday by cutting off my long blonde locks that I've had for the past 6 or 7 years. In high school I had really short hair and then by the time my junior year rolled around I realized how fat my face looked, so I started growing out my hair. I've had it at lengths almost to my waiste at some points, but yesterday morning it was to the middle of my back. Not only was my hair long, but it was also the thickest hair ever imaginable. If it gives you any indication of how much hair I had, the last couple of times I've gotten my hair colored/highlighted it has taken the professionals 3 to 4 hours to do it. Yep, that much hair!!

So when I walked into the salon and told my hairstylist Tony, that I wanted to cut it off, he said, "Don't let the summer heat make you cut all your hair off!" I assured him, it wasn't the heat, it was the fact that I no longer did anything with it and therefore had no need to have it long anymore. I tried to tell him how short I wanted it, but he was nervous about cutting that much hair off, so he didn't go as short as I wanted. Right before he made the first big snip he asked me once again if I was sure. Yes!!!! I'm sure!! By the time it was all said and done, I think I had about 10 inches and 3 lbs of hair laying on the floor. He said he'd never seen that much hair on the floor while still having this much hair left on my head.


He cut it a little shorter in the back than it is in the front. And put lots of layers in it. So here is what the front looks like. You can't tell by the picture, but my neck feels so much better with 3 lbs less of hair on my head! lol.

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. It's weird how pregnancy can make your hair so thick.

    I love it.

    ReplyDelete