Saturday, July 18, 2009

I live on a farm.

Well at least somedays it feels like I live on a farm. Actually I live in a really nice, quite residential neighborhood, but you wouldn't know it be taking a look at my backyard neighbors' yard. They currently own 2 monkeys, 2 African Servals (the female is pregnant), 1 Fox, 1 Goat, 5 or 6 dogs, and about 80 billion cats. No joke!! Now most city regulations across the country would not allow people that live within city limits and especially in a neighborhood to keep these wild animals, but the City of Murfreesboro does.

Brett and I came home last night from work to find that our fence had been busted through by the goat. Not all that surprising, since it constantly rams it with its horns. Two of the boards were cracked in half and an entire section of the fence was busted loose. Therefore, the goat and all the other animals had free reign on our yard. They took advantage of this too. My garden was trampled and all of my green been plants were destroyed. The goat also took its non-stop chewing jaw up on our deck and ate part of one of my plants and shredded a cardboard box we kept our inflatable pool in. It also took a drinking glass that was sitting by the back door and placed it in the middle of the yard. The list goes on.

Needless to say, I was ticked!!! As many of you may already know, I'm a hot head and things like this make me go off! So what did I do you ask? I took the cucumbers that the goat didn't get a chance to finish and I hurled them over the fence as hard as I could. I was hoping to land them in the swamp they consider a pool, but I didn't make it that far. Not that they would have seem them in there anyway, because the algae is far too thick to see anything. These people obviously had to come get their animals and attempted to put the fence back in place hoping we wouldn't notice. Right........good thinking. Most decent people would have come by and offered to pay for the damages or at least apologized, but not these hill billies. Nope, they just put their goat and dogs into hiding. I kid you not, they must have taken the goat inside their house until we went to bed, because it was nowhere to be found until this morning.

Oh yeah and about this morning. I was awaken by what sounded like an animal on our deck. I was right! When I looked out the window I saw a puppy Beagle on my back deck sniffing around. The little booger had gotten through the newly made gap in the fence, but couldn't seem to get back. So I went out there and played with her for a little while. She was the cutest little thing and our dogs loved here. I thought about holding her for ransom, but wasn't sure that they would even notice she was gone and I can't afford a third dog. When we pushed her back through the fence she fought us with all her might. She did not want to go back. She whined and cried and I felt so bad for having to put her back over there in those conditions, but I had no choice.

Anyway, I contacted the City and no one is willing to do anything. The only thing that can be done is that Animal Welfare can site the owners if the animals are found roaming free. I was thinking of opening up the fence and letting them in my yard and then letting them out my front gate and then calling Animal Welfare to come witness it. Does that sound like a plan or what? You tell me.

5 comments:

  1. Do it! I mean, you're pregnant and soon will have a little one rhomping around in your backyard...you dont want little boy to get ran over by a heard for goats. Or...call your local newstation and see if the want to do a story on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or poison you garden...haha. then you'll have dead plants and dead animals :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have filed a police report, that way there is a record of the problem. I also would send them a bill for all of the damages. If they can't take care of their pets they shouldn't have any!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do it! You can blame it on the pregnancy horomones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the craziest story I have ever heard.
    I bet the news would love to do a story on that. I mean two monkeys???? That's nuts.

    ReplyDelete