Thursday, July 2, 2009

Party at My House

I've been looking forward to this for months and now it's almost here...our neighborhood block party to celebrate the 4th of July. Ever since we moved into our house back in January, all of our neighbors have told us about the awesome block party one of our neighbors hosts for the 4th. Our neighbors, Craig & Annginette, moved from California a few years ago and they decided to host a block party their first 4th in the new neighborhood in order to get to meet all their neighbors. I guess it has been a big hit the last few years and about 75 - 80 people come and eat, drink, and shoot off fireworks. I'm totally excited to participate and am even more excited for Brett, because he absolutely loves the 4th of July. My only concern is that someone may shoot a firework at my house and burn it down. Let's hope that doesn't happen. Let's also hope no one blows off any fingers in my front yard. I do not want to be responsible for that.

I'm really trying to involve myself in this party and so far I think I'm making a good effort. Today I called the City of Murfreesboro to have someone come pick up the tree branches and grass clippings that are still laying on the side of the street. It's a great service the city provides for us homeowners so we don't have to bag that stuff, but they aren't always consistent about the pickup. So hopefully they will get it cleaned up before Saturday.

I am also planning on throwing down on the food table. I am going to make pasta salad, tater-tot casserole, slow cooked pork roast for pork sandwiches, some Neiman-Marcus bars (a lovely sweet treat), and possibly a seven layer dip. It sounds like a lot of work, but all these things shouldn't take much effort. The pork slow cooks with no assistance, the pasta salad is easy, and so is the tater-tot casserole. The bars and the dip are the most work. But still not very difficult.

So if you're in the neighborhood, stop by Kirtley Ct. for some food, fun, and fireworks!!! It'll be a great time.

1 comment:

  1. How does this blog make me want to cry :(
    It is times like these where I wish we lived closer, and could hang like we used to. You would be one heck of a neighbor to live next to!
    I am glad you are doing well, and sounds like your neighborhood is pretty awesome! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete