Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're Semi-Famous

Well Brett and I finally took our story and complaints about our wild animal owning neighbors to Channel 4 News in Nashville and were successful in doing one thing at least. We really really ticked off our neighbors. But only the ones that own the crazy animals and maybe one lady that forgot to put a bra on before appearing on TV. I'm trying to figure out how to get the video clip on here, but they haven't posted it on the news website and the one that is on Facebook I can't get, because my sister-in-law posted it.

But here is how everything went down. The reporter and camera man showed up at our house and then we went in the backyard to do the interview. As we were getting ready to shoot it, all of our friendly neighbors showed up to watch. They wired me up with a mic and we were ready to start being interviewed. I started the interview and Brett interjected here and there. I think they talked to us for about 15 minutes or so. Then they wrapped it up and just wanted to get a few more shots around the yard and of my belly. Yes, that's right, they put the camera on the tri-pod and shot a video of my belly. Too bad no on told me I had a huge piece of lint on my black shirt! Or that I was slouching during the interview.

Anyway, as they were wrapping things up our crazy neighbor lady started screaming and cussing about us being perverts and we need to put the camera away before she calls the cops. I was thinking to myself, "Go ahead and call them, I'd love to put this on record in case you nutcases try to pull anything." Then the reporter said he was going to go over to their house and try to get their side of the story. I just told him, "If you think that lady was friendly, just wait until you meet her husband." And I rolled my eyes. When it was all said and done and we were through talking to all of our lovely neighbors, we went inside to get some dinner. As I was passing the front window I noticed a police car sitting out front. Yep, they really did call the cops. Which I had no problem with at all, seeing as we didn't do anything wrong.

The cop asked us what was going on and we explained to him the mess. He even said his grandparents live down the street and they knew there was a goat in the neighborhood, because they could hear it at night. Then he told us that our neighbors are seeking a lawyer to sue us for harassment. I almost had to stop myself from laughing at that point. But wait...it gets better. Then he proceeded to explain that they were calling us peeping Toms and that we stare out our windows all the time at their children. Are you kidding me?! Brett works about 12 hours everyday and I work 9, so when do we have time to stare at their children. They told the cop that we know their children's behavior patterns and all this and that. Seriously, could you people get any crazier? Nope, I don't think so.

Anyway, I was completely disappointed in the news story, because it didn't convey the message I was trying to get across. It basically made us just look like we were complaining about the wild animals for the sake of complaining. They cut out the part of me explaining how the goat charged through our fence, destroyed part of my garden, and destroyed other things in our yard. Nope, we just looked like complainers. But now my next step is to find out who the property owner is and try to get these people evicted. Having a rental property in the neighborhood already hurts property values, but when you have people like this renting a house, it hurts them even more. I am committed to having the animals or even the people kicked out of the neighborhood and I won't stop until it gets done.

I hope these idiots do try and sue us, because then I won't feel bad about counter-suing for defamation of character and property damage. Fools!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I would have totally paid to not only see this lady yelling, but also the facial expression of you when you saw the cop car. What a freakin mess girl! Your neighbors are scary and crazy as hell! Obviously they dont know who you are and what they are dealing with! Go get em Mandy and show them how you get things done!:)

    ReplyDelete