Thursday, July 16, 2009

Drum Role Please...

It's a boy!!!! Yep that's right, now Brett will have a little buddy to watch football with him, because we all know I have no interest in ND football or any of the rest of it. When the lady started doing the ultrasound yesterday, she said the baby had his legs curled up right to his crotch and I just knew we were going to leave not knowing what we were having. But 30 minutes later, she was able to get a glance at his boy parts. Don't ask me how these people identify these things, because it just looked like black spots to me. We were so excited, because this means we'll get to use all of the little boy outfits that my sister-in-law gave us. In one box alone I counted 70 outfits and I didn't even bother to count the other box. This also means the outfits we got at the garage sales last weekend will be put to good use as well. No more thinking, "well I guess I could pair this with a pink hat or pants or socks or something."

Now for the other anouncement. I said I would hold off until we found out what we were having to announce the name we had picked out for a boy, so here it is: Carter Joseph Mitchell. Carter being a totally random name that we loved and Joseph being Brett's middle name. So we can call him Carter, Car, or C.J. My dad already has visions of C.J. whipping everyone on the NASCAR track. If the ultrasound is any indication of what this kid will grow up to be, I think he'll be a boxer. The technician kept trying to get a good image of his face, but he kept putting his hand in the way everytime she tried. He was very very active and even seemed a little obnoxious, because anything she wanted to see, he would block it with his hands or feet. Awwwww...I love him already!! Stubborn just like his momma.


Here are the two best images we got from the ultrasound. The first one is an image of his cute little face and the second one is of her trying to get his face, but only getting hands, knees, and cord.


4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! How exciting. I love the name!! I hope to be able to meet little Carter! You're halfway there! It'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter is a stud!

    And your name is Amanda? haha! WEIRD. JUST REALIZED it.

    Dumbness. It comes with the territory of being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. Trust me, you are not the first to be surprised my name is Amanda. Probably because I haven't gone by that name since I was born. The doctor actually has me down as Mandy, but I guess for official reasons they put Amanda on my ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete