Monday, July 20, 2009

Update on the Goat People

Okay, so I sent an email to the Mayor of Murfreesboro and copied it to the Vice Mayor and every single council member. I also emailed the 3 major news stations in Nashville. And boy did I ever get a response. So far I've heard back from 1 council member, 1 news producer, 3 codes inspectors, and the Vice Mayor. I think I have a slight chance of getting something done here. Two codes inspectors are going over to my house today to peek through the fence into my neighbors backyard to witness any violations. I hope they see the 6 dogs I saw yesterday, along with the goat, african servals, and the swamp/pool. Oh and let's hope they drive by the large tow truck these people park in front of their house.

The Codes guy I talked to on Saturday sounded very hopeful about getting something done, but the guy I talked to this morning seemed more like a straight from the book kind of guy. He wasn't really sure there was anything in the "books" about people having wild animals. But the Vice Mayor said he would check to see if there was an ordinance against people owning wild animals within city limits and if there wasn't, he was going to try and write up an ordinance against it.

Now I'm wishing Brett wouldn't have straightened out the chicken wire around my garden or screwed the fence back together. But at least they'll still see the board that is broken in half.

So we'll see what happens after a little while. I'm prepared to take on any retaliation from my neighbors if they get their animals taken away. Would it be too much to sit on my back deck with my shotgun in my lap? Just asking...

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I hope you see results and everything gets taken care of

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you taken any pictures before you put back together? If something doesn't happen i'm coming down to TN myself. Thats just crap.

    ReplyDelete